3.2K 4.9K 235 565 155
Population more than 1 Million people.
It is located on the coast of the Persian Gulf in the East of the country, giving it a beautiful coastal environment.
Founded in the 1820s as an offshoot of Al Bidda and declared capital in 1971 when Qatar gained its independence.
It is the fastest-growing city of Qatar with over 80% of Qatar’s population living in Doha. It accommodates the education city (an area devoted to research and education).
The city’s atmosphere is comfortably tolerant, with the native population living side by side with newcomers who have been attracted by economic and education opportunity.
12 BEST THINGS TO DO IN DOHA
- WALK AROUND THE SOUQ WAQIF – Walk down the lively streets of Souq Waqif, and you will feel transported into another time. All traditional. One of Doha must-see attractions, popular among gourmets as well as history buffs.
- GO ON A SAND DUNE ADVENTURE – Having a dream about riding a camel, and going in the desert of safari? This is it, once in a lifetime experience, especially when you finish it with the spectacular sunset over Doha.
- EXPLORE THE AL ZUBARAH FORT – Your trip to Doha is not completed without visiting Al Zubarah Fort, located close to the town of Al Ruwais, an iconic desert fort of Qatar. Only an hour’s drive, definitively worth the visit.
Address: Al Zubarah, Shamal
Opening hours: every day from 7:30 AM – 5 PM
Price: Free of charge
- HAVE A LOOK AT THE VINTAGE CARS AT SHEIKH FAISAL BIN QASSIM AL THANI MUSEUM – The FBQ Museum’s collection was a project born out of a passion for art and artifacts of an influential businessman, Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani, segregated into four parts: Coins & Currency, Vehicles, Qatar Heritage and Islamic Art.
The most popular part is the car collection of a total of 600 cars in a superperfect condition. Car lovers will spend hours and hours marveling around trucks, convertibles, steam cars, and limousines. it’s all here.
Address: Al Samriya, 22km west of Doha, just beyond Mall Of Qatar
Opening hours: Monday – Thursday ( 9 AM – 4:30 PM), Friday (2 PM – 7 PM), Saturday (10 AM – 6 PM), Sunday (9 AM – 4 PM)
Price: 45 QR
- SPEND A DAY AT THE MUSEUM OF ISLAMIC ART – The most important cultural landmark in Qatar, presents Islamic art from three continents over a span of 1400 years, keeping some of the oldest most treasured artifacts from the overall Middle East.
Address: At one end of the 7 km long Corniche, a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport or within walking distance of Souq Waqif
Opening hours: Monday – Saturday from 9 AM – 7 PM, except Saturday from 1:30 PM – 7 PM
Price: 50 QR
- VISIT THE KATARA CULTURAL VILLAGE – Valley of Cultures and is the number one place to visit for all thespians, art, and architecture enthusiasts, and people who love to learn about other traditions. It includes an opera house, an amphitheater, art galleries, heritage centers, various academic facilities, and of course cafes, green areas, museum facilities, and an information center.
- JUMP OUT OF A PLANE OVER THE CITY – One of the most adventurous things to do in Doha! Perfect safety record and highly experienced instructors. Your friends will be jealous when you post your video and your picture from the jump.
- HEAD TO THE TOP OF THE ASPIRE TOWER – Known as The Torch Doha, is a 300-meter tall skyscraper hotel, the symbol of the 15th Asian Games hosted by Qatar in 2006. Eating at the rotating restaurant is the greatest thing to do at night in Doha.
Address: Al Waab Street, 23833 (Aspire Zone complex)
- LEARN ABOUT FALCONRY AT THE FALCON SOUQ – Owning a falcon is a status symbol in Qatar. A long time ago, the Bedouins, trained falcons for hunting prey. It’s an idea that has lived on. Here, you can also purchase a falcon.
Address: Al Souq St
Opening hours: every day except Saturday, from 7 AM – 6 PM
- DON’T MISS THE BARZAN TOWERS – Built in the late 1800s (renovated in 1910), before were used as watchtowers to ward off the possibility of an Ottoman invasion. You can enter the towers and climb the internal staircases to reach the top level and marvel at amazing surroundings.
Address: Umm Salal Muhammed
Opening hours: 24 hrs, recommended time to visit from 2 PM – 7 PM
Price: Free of charge
- GO SHOPPING IN THE VILLAGGIO MALL – Undoubtedly, you will feel like you are in Venice, isn’t that strange?
Address: Al Waab St
Opening hours: Monday (9 AM – 12 AM), Tuesday – Wednesday (9 AM – 10 PM), Thursday and Saturday (9 AM – 11 PM), Friday (9 AM – 11 AM, 12.30 PM – 11 PM)
- BE AMAZED BY VISITING THE PEARL QATAR – Man-made island, the epitome of luxury. You can’t miss this one. Do you want to see upper-class lives? The yachts, high-end stores, and villas in gated communities give you an interesting insight into that.
8 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT DOHA
- Undoubtedly, one of the most polluted cities around the world
- It has the world’s greatest airline
- In fact, Doha is the home of the greatest underground stadium in the world.
- Doha has the biggest park in Qatar.
- There are man-made islands that are located in Doha.
- Also, Doha is the safest place in the world.
- Without a doubt, August is the driest month in Doha.
- There are more men in Doha than women – 3:1. Yes! That means take your woman with you.