London City, the capital and the largest city of England and the United Kingdom.
It is governed by the mayor of London and the London assembly.
London is one of the world’s most important global cities.
It has been called the world’s most powerful, most desirable, most influential, most visited, most expensive, most sustainable, most expensive, and most friendly city.
The city exerts a considerable impact on the arts, commerce, education and entertainment industries among others.
London ranks 26th among 300 cities for economic performance.
It is one of the largest financial centers and has either the 5th or the 6th metropolitan area GDP.
The city is the most visited city as measured by international arrivals and has busiest city airport system.
It is the leading investment destination.
London Universities form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe.
London became the first city in the world to host 3 summer Olympic games.
The city has diverse culture with more than 300 languages used in the city.
Its municipal population is more than 8.9 million people, the third in Europe.
The city has four World Heritage Sites.
London has numerous museums, Galleries, libraries and sporting events.
7 THINGS TO DO AND NOT TO DO IN LONDON CITY.
- Don’t forget your manners. Instead, always use words like “please”, “thank you” and “sorry”
- Do not underestimate the walking distances. Instead, pack some comfortable shoes. London is so big.
- Don’t take a taxi from the airport to your hotel. Instead, take the Heathrow Express train.
- Avoid underestimating the weather. It changes anytime. Instead, pack and get ready for all the weathers.
- Do not just stick to your common food. Instead, enjoy some culinary adventures.
- Don’t expect table service in pubs. Instead, go to the counter and make your order.
- Do not just visit the most popular sites but instead, there’s so much to see. Visit everywhere possible.
9 MOST INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LONDON CITY
- London has more Indian restaurants than Mumbai.
- London is the smallest city in England.
- The city has 170 museums.
- Over 300 languages are spoken in London.
- Houses of Parliament is the largest Palace in the UK.
- It’s not easy to become a black cab driver. The training last up to 4 years.
- The Shard is the tallest building in London and EU with 72 floors.
- There used to be 6 ravens in London Tower
- More than 80 billionaires live in London.