Vancouver city is a major city in Western Canada. It is located in the lower mainland of British Columbia.
It has a total population of more than 630,000 people as of 2016.
The great Vancouver area has a population of more than 2.4 million people. This makes it the third largest metropolitan area in Canada.
The city has the highest population density in Canada with over 5,400 people per square kilometer. It is therefore the fifth most densely populated in North America.
52% of its residents are not English speakers. It is one of the most diverse cities in Canada.
The city has been consistently named as one of the top five worldwide cities for livability and quality of life.
Vancouver has hosted many international conferences and events, including the 1954 Commonwealth Games.
The city also became the permanent home to TED conference in 2014.
As of 2016, Port Metro in Vancouver is the fourth largest port by tonnage in the Americas. It is also the busiest and the largest in Canada and the most diverse in North America.
While forestry remains its largest industry, Vancouver is well known as an urban center surrounded by nature. This makes tourism its second largest industry.
Vancouver has turned into one of the largest film production centers and has been nicknamed “Hollywood North”
7 THINGS TO DO AND NOT TO DO IN VANCOUVER CITY.
- Do not rent an expensive hotel. Instead, there are several available better options like the airbnb that you can afford.
- Do not wear your shoes in the house. Instead, remove your shoes when entering someone’s house.
- Don’t forget a rain jacket and/or umbrella. Instead, even when it is summer period, always carry them with you.
- Avoid going Downtown Eastside due to insecurity. Instead, explore the many better areas.
- Don’t ride a bike the wrong way in Stanley Park. Instead, follow the set simple rules for riding a bicycle.
- Do not use taxi to moving everywhere. Instead, you can walk to other places as you enjoy the experience.
- Do not skip the line. Instead, just line up like the others to get served.
8 MOST INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT VANCOUVER CITY.
- Vancouver is the warmest city in Canada with only 11 days of snow per year. The winters are kept mild by being close to the Pacific Ocean.
- Vancouver trails only Hollywood in movie and broadcasting production. It has some of the most picture perfect scenes to shoot pictures and documentaries.
- Vancouver is home to the fourth largest cruise ship port in the world.
- Vancouver attracts whopping 15-million tourists every year
- The city hosts the largest annual gay parade – this makes it one of the most tolerant metropolises on the globe.
- “The Eye of The Wind” located in Vancouver is the only working wind turbine in the world.
- You cannot buy alcohol from a grocery store in Vancouver.
- The city of Vancouver has over 1 million cars.
- The whole city burned down once.